I am a lifelong runner and have found a love for both running and coaching. During 5ks, I always like to talk about when someone is going to sign up for the marathon. During the marathon, I always find out when they are going to sign up for a 50k. (I think you see a pattern).
I believe that running transforms people’s lives for the better of everyone, including yourself.
I like to race in other countries and was particularly impressed by a half marathon pacer in India who paced the 2-hour group barefoot.
I am coaching the MiMS VOA southside team for 2021 and have paced the team on all the above distances.
I have paced 5k, 10k, Half Marathon, and Marathon.
- 26 marathons (6 majors)
- Olympic and Sprint Triathlons
- Half Ironman
When someone achieves that PR!
Education and Certifications
RRCA Certified Coach Level 1
American Heart Association First Aid, CPR, AED (current)
- Haf Marathons (2:10 and 2:15)
- Great North Run UK – 2:10
- Minneapolis City of Lakes Half – 2019,2020 Goal/Group – Sub two hours)
- Twin Cities Run Around (5k) – 2021 Goal/Group Sub 26 minutes
- Twin Cities Marathon 2019 – Goal/Group – 5 hours
Goals on race day
- I keep my team positive and motivated.
- Follow the pace plan.
- Communicate clearly with the pace bus.
- Share the plan before the race, during the race, and post-race.
- Open to answering all questions.
- 50k – Surf the Murph 2021 – 7:38
- 42k – Mt Charleston 2021 – 3:37
- 21k – Polar Dash 2016 – 1:43
- 10m – TC10 2016 – 1:16
- 10k – Victory – 2015 – 46:17
- 5k – Torchlight 2015 – 21:41
- 2m – Geezer chase 2014 – 12:54
- 1m – TC1 2014 – 6:13
Last three marathons
- Tokyo (6th Star) 4:37
- Big Bear 3:47
- Chicago 4:16
- 5k best Hawaii Koloko Drive – 20:49 – Downhill run
- 10k best Hawaii Koloko Drive – 46:05 (Even with a stop)